The cdrecord debate

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 10:50:48 UTC 2007

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> No. For burning iso's as in the BZ I use,
> 'cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=16 dev=ATA:1,1,0 -dao'
>     (burner an media are 52x)
>
>    Has the reporter tried this as root? Some hardware, particularly
> Plextor's can only burn as root.

for me it works using plextor 755A (as user and root). (but have not
tested with the current kernel release)
but for some reason cdrecord -scanbus does not work:
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (cpu-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
cdrecord: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
(same result as root and user)