Fedora 7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 13:20:28 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 04:56, dragoran wrote:
> what about updating from fc6 -> f7 ?
> lets say some has
> gnome+kde+server packages installed
> is it possible to upgrade to f7 *without* requiring a network connection
> during install?
> seems not until we have a Fedora 7 DVD similar to Fedora Core now.

How many Fedora 6 installs do you know of that have JUST core installed, no
extras?  We've long needed to be able to access Extras at upgrade time, now
more than ever.  Look at the crapstorm that ubuntu went through when their
upgrade feature didn't take universe into account.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora