Fedora Desktop vs. Fedora Desktop {GNOME, KDE}

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 5 15:14:33 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Jesse Keating schrieb:
>> On Friday 05 January 2007 01:55, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> This issue brings up a interesting question: Which board has the power
>>> to influence and adjust this particular naming scheme in our new
>>> "merged" world? FESCo or the Fedora Board?
>> Ultimately I feel it should be the Fedora board.
>
> Nearly the same wording as jeremy two minutes earlier ;-)
>
> Well, I can live with that, but could one of the Board members (I'm sure
> at least Rahul, Jeremy and rdieter will read this mail) bring this issue
> up in the next Board meeting please?

Yes. I will. My opinion as I have already expressed before several times
is that we need to replace the core cabal and FESCo with a technical
steering committee with public irc weekly meetings and only escalate
issues to the board if there is heavy conflict. The more board members
are involved in micro management, the less we will be thinking about
long term changes.

Rahul