Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 19:21:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 10:40:23AM -0800, alan wrote:

 > > Careful.  There's lots of bugs that could pop up like that.  Without
 > > some kind of "importance" system, you'll get lots of noise.  For
 > > example, I have a vim bug opened long ago that has just sat there.  Is
 > > it critical?  No.  Is it damn annoying?  Yes.
 > >
 > > "Unreasonable amount of time" is subjective.
 >
 > I have had bugs sit in bugzilla for *years* without any attention.  Some
 > bugs seem to get orphaned or assigned to dead people or something and no
 > follow-up is ever performed.
 >
 > Maybe we need a report that shows the open bugs that have been sitting
 > without update for more than 30/60/90 days.

Some package owners are just way, way overloaded.
Recieving more email telling me I'm not looking at bugs isn't going to make
me look at more bugs any more than dealing with dozens of "Is anyone looking
at my bug?" bugmails.

Typically kernel bugs get dealt with by severity (and I don't mean
the severity pulldown in bugzilla -- having that user-visible is the
worst idea ever). Low hanging fruit gets fixed up pretty quick too
if I spot it, but there's so many bugs, there's just not enough
hours in the day to give them all equal attention.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk