Fedora 7 (Everything installs)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 21:12:42 UTC 2007

On 1/6/07, David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> wrote:
> Of all of the complaints that have come in just in the past year
> regarding the removal of the Everything install, only *one* was
> reasonable, IMHO.  And solving that was a matter of educating the user
> on how to set up kickstart to provision systems (and we still support
> Everything installs via kickstart using '*' under %packages).

+1
How do we do this for the Fedora community in general? How do we
effectively educate people concerning the use  of kickstart, so they
will be willing to reach for kickstart as a solution for legitimate
niche install scenarios?  Do we need to start compiling well commented
examples of useful kickstart files into the wiki and point to them
from the release notes? What will it take to get people stop looking
for the UI to be encumbered with unnecessary flexibility and to have
them start reaching for kickstart to be the flexible solution that it
was meant to be?

-jef