wiki reorganization

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jan 7 13:25:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 09:24:00AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> > Anticipating the upcoming merge of Fedora Core and Extras I have been
> > removing the references to Fedora Core and replacing it with appropriate
> > terms throughout the wiki but I would need suggestions on how to handle
> > pages within the /Extras namespace.  Would moving them to /Packaging
> > make sense? Can we considering dropping the ACL's in the packaging page
> > and just add a note on top that changes needs to be handled by the
> > packaging committee?
>
> +1 for moving most of the stuff to Packaging/ (¹) .

I would against merging /Extras and /Packaging for the same reasons
merging fedora-extras and fedora-packaging lists. The space under
/Extras is more or less about everything, from organisational
strutures over _Review_ Guidelines, CVS requests and a lot more. The
Packaging area remained rather packaging (not package) focused and is
mainly maintained by the people for the packaging committee.

Perhaps some parts of /Extras make sense to land in /Packaging, but
generally I feel like simply removing the /Extras prefix from the URL
may be a better idea.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net