Fedora 7

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 20:09:23 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 07 January 2007 06:47, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

[ snip ]

> > 2) The Desktop Environment catch 22 seems to be continuing: KDE gets
> > less love since the measurable KDE using community is small, while the
> > measurable KDE community is small since those who heavily use KDE go
> > elsewhere to get their KDE fix (Kubuntu, SuSe). And with the recent
> > bad press, there may be a few who would like another distro to use KDE
> > on.
>
> So how does 'Fedora KDE' vs 'Fedora Desktop' differ from 'Ubuntu'
> vs 'Kubuntu' ?  We don't even force a different project name.

I don't know... I am/was trying to consider things from those who see
this as a problem. Write now the lack of KDE in the name isn't
preventing me from using Fedora. But from reading around the internet,
it seems a non-ignorable percentage simply do not consider Fedora when
looking for a distro to use KDE on - while it is obviously not really
a popularity content, more users don't add that much more load to a
project (I would think) while with more users, more helpers should
come - there by spreading the work and love around.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud