rawhide report: 20070109 changes

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Jan 9 12:26:25 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt <fedora at wir-sind-cool.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:04:54 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
>
> > buildsys wrote:
> > > autofs-1:5.0.1-0.rc3.3
> > > ----------------------
> > > * Tue Jan 09 2007 Ian Kent <ikent at redhat.com> - 5.0.1-0.rc3.3
> > > - remove redundant rpath link option (prep for move to Extras).
> >                                                          ^^^^^^
> >                                                           Huh?

> Jargon for the Core+Extras merge, where Core packages are moved
> to the external Fedora infrastructure and merged with the existing
> Extras stuff.

Bad jargon. Better say "Prepare for Extras merge" or some such. The
%changelog entries will stay for a /long/ time, besides adding to the
current confusion surrounding the merge isn't such a good idea.

[But what do I say... I was almost flamed off the face of Earth for calling
 core+extras "Fedora" here, not so long ago... :-]