Re: rawhide report: 20070108 changes

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 02:22, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> If I would review the kernel for the extras merge I'd say "fix this".
> But I suspect davej won't like to call the kernels 2.6.20 (e.g.
> 2.6.20-1.2906.rc4.fc7 for example) before they are actually 2.6.20.
>
> This will be one of the problem areas we'll probably have to deal with
> when it comes to reviewing Core packages for the Extras merge.

Personally, I'm all for giving the kernel a pass on this and some of the
other... interesting things in the spec.  That is, unless the reviewer not
only complains about something in the spec, but also produces a viable rework
of what the spec is trying to accomplish.  The kernel is one of our speshul
packages that really does need some special consideration.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora