F7 KDE spin

Dorin Lazar dorin.lazar.liste at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:08:25 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 20:20, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Having evolution in the KDE spin doesn't mean that it has to be the
> default group-ware client or even installed by default.
> As weird as it sounds, I want it in -because- it is so d*mn big.
> According to the Fedora ML usage stats, Evo holds the #1 spot - making
> it reasonable to guess that many of them are KDE users.
> Asking them to download 100s of MB during the installation is a mistake.
  Since that is what the default is, that is what they use. I'm on Fedora, I
never used GNOME because I didn't like it (but I tried it everytime). And I
am quite happy with what KDE has to offer. Make kontact the default, and
you'll have a plethora of kontact users.
  Or better, make evolution an option, but don't put it in the default
settings. After all, I have to check everytime that mc should be put in, and
as much as I dislike that (the fact that mc is not default) I got used to it.
  Also, perhaps the ones that want a KDE-only distro might not like the GNOME
apps after all?
  Dorin