Re: proposal: mailing list reorganization

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 14:12 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 19:25 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > === fedora-cvs-commits ===
> >
> > All commits should go here, but separated into topics  (web, docs, F7,
> > devel, ...), similar how we do it for how we do for
> > fedora-packaging-announce
>
> Hmm, interesting.  This is going to increase mail traffic and new
> contributor complexity, and to what advantage?
>
> Right now there is fedora-docs-commits for all that goes into /cvs/docs,
> and that is all that cvsdocs users are required to subscribe to.  This
> proposal increases CVS commit traffic to our mailboxes by 100-fold?
> 1000-fold?

With the topics support in mailman and using them, it becomes "subscribe
to fedora-cvs-commits and set your topic preference to Docs".  And then
we ensure that docs commits are the ones with said topic set.  So
there's no need for filtering except at subscription time.

Jeremy