Re: proposal: mailing list reorganization

On 10 Jan 2007, at 19:56, Jesse Keating wrote:
Not to mention that one can't really easily "rename" a list. Most often it is close one list, open a new one, mass subscribe. Its that last step that gets our IS in a tiff, as mass subscribing without end user consent is tatamount
to spam, and we REALLY don't want to be a spam company.

Send out (Mailman) invites rather than subscribing people. Has the advantage of doing a list prune at the same time, and the target audience ought to be up to handling the idea.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]