Fedora Server Spin

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 14:13:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 15:33 -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> I created an initial skeleton list of packages[1] for the Fedora Serevr
> spin [2]. The list was generated by looking at all the packages ('server
> packages') in current Core and Extras Rawhide that own a file
> in /etc/rc.d/init.d or /etc/init.d.
>
> The list is a first attempt at getting a package list together and needs
> a lot more love from everybody; once this list is complete we'll look at
> adding supporting packages like system-config-* and sendmail-cf.

[snip]

I'm not sure that recursively sweeping through the packages requiring
the current set would find these two, so how about adding Django and
TurboGears?  (and the various subcomponents of the latter.  Both are in
Extras.

Django: A high-level Python Web framework
TurboGears: Back-to-front web development in Python

Rationale: Manfred might want to deploy an app developed in one of these
frameworks to production.

Similar argument may apply to ruby/rails.

Hope this helps
Dave