Re: rawhide report: 20070112 changes

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 06:43:36 -0500, buildsys redhat com wrote:

kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc7
* Thu Jan 11 2007 Kristian Høgsberg <krh redhat com>
- Add and enable alternative firewire stack.

Ooh, shiny. Is this more of a "I am pretty sure it will break" or "I am
pretty sure it will work" stack?

It's on the "I'm pretty sure it will work" side of the fence :) The patch is taken from Andrew Mortons tree and I've tested it on a range of architectures, firewire controllers and firewire devices here. One caveat, though: only storage devices works at this point, user space API and streaming functionality is not yet in place. So for a little while we'll see missing features from the firewire stack. However, I hope to have it back to a level where libraw1394 and libdc1394 will work, and where porting the rest is reasonably easy within a month.

cheers,
Kristian