Fedora Server Spin

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Jan 14 00:21:32 UTC 2007

Sex, 2007-01-12 às 13:59 -0500, Jesse Keating escreveu:
> We can probably get to that.  I'm intersted in seeing a well trimmed core/base
> that is the "default" install.  It is not minimal, it has things like yum,

As long as "base" is an order or two of magnitude more sane than what it
currently is, fine by me.

In fact, I think that what I'm hoping for (and what Seth could probably
also agree) is that when you select base on a kickstart installation you
don't get to have to install openldap (just an example, there are a lot
more instances of this problems) without breaking dependencies.

> One thing we want to be very clear is that this is NOT designed for mission
> critical or even production systems, especially with just a 13month life

I'd say this is not thinking in very strategic terms, since RHEL could
directly benefit from this work (I hope that is not a problem, it would
seriously suck).

Rui

+ So let's do it...?