plans for long term support releases?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Tue Jan 16 06:04:43 UTC 2007

Now that Core and Extras are going to be merged and the distro is
opening up to become even more (?) community driven, has anyone played
with the though of eventually releasing a long term support version of
Fedora?

It could be a based on a staple snapshot of Fedora 7 + 4 months worth of
updates or whatever, at this point I'm more interested in hearing about
the idea than the details, which will surely follow, if i'm not the only
one who think this could be a good idea. Especially now that we're going
to do special server spins etc...

Just a thought (hope this was not brought up ages ago and I just missed it)

/Thomas