Fedora 7 - USB Install method - Everything ISO.

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Wed Jan 17 05:59:08 UTC 2007

I looked at putting Linux on a USB flash drive and from what I have read
they don't always work.  And if you get larger than 1 Gig then you have
problems or have to have multiple partitions.  Most things I have read want
to use FAT16 for compatibility.  So great idea, just don't think the
hardware is that stable/compatible.

Here is a Knoppix how to http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bootable_USB_Key
I would think this would fit better into the Fedora Live CD project.

The only other thought I have is maybe to get around the boot problem is to
use the small boot cd and then do a hard drive install from the usb device.
So you could install on old hardware that doesn't boot from usb and have the
ability to change the content on the usb device.