Re: plans for long term support releases?

Mike McGrath wrote:
On 1/16/07, Thomas M Steenholdt <tmus tmus dk> wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

These are valid points.
I do think, however, that a lot if the people who will be installing the
server spin of fedora would like the additional package stability.
Certainly users *new* to Fedora would *expect* a server spin to have
some other properties besides a specific package selection. Longer
lifespan for example.

Anyone who thinks the server spin is going to be anything other than
Fedora is sorely mistaken.  Its just packages on a CD.  The same
packages that will be on the mirror.

           -Mike

Yup. But imagine that we could change this picture (the lifetime - I should not be anything other than Fedora, technically) for a less often released special release of Fedora.

/Thomas