ensure upgrade paths through fedora to RHEL?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 16:13:21 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 11:00, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Actually it is the reverse. To be able to upgrade from fedora to RHEL,
> it is in fedora that the NVR should remain lower than the RHEL NVR.

Except that there is a bit of a problem, the "new" RHEL comes after the
Fedora, but with a package set that is older.  There is an interesting mix
there.  And no, we're not going to hand tie the Fedora NVRs to try and make
them LOWER than that of the previous Fedora release.  That just doesn't work.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora