Re: rawhide report: 20070117 changes

Tomasz =?UTF-8?Q?K=C5=82oczko?= <kloczek zie pg gda pl> writes:
> This was fixed by add in %install:
> # don't include documentation Makefiles, they are a multilib hazard
> find html -name 'Makefile*' | xargs rm

Yup, I've done similar things in other packages too.

> This kind fixes allways will break "rpmbuild -bi --short-circuit <foo>.spec".

What is --short-circuit, and why isn't the above evidence that *it* is broken?
Those subdirectory makefiles shouldn't be needed anymore after the
%install step.

> Correct solution in this case can be added by add to devel %files:
> %doc html/*html html/images/*gif html/images/*jpg

I do not like that solution because it fails --- silently --- if
upstream modifies the set of files they distribute in such a way
that my %doc wildcards are wrong.  In this example, consider what
happens if upstream decides to start using .png files for their
illustrations.

			regards, tom lane