RPM and files installed

Daniel Yek dyek at real.com
Wed Jan 17 20:26:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

How do I make sure that files created during rpm installation are being
recorded as belonging to the package? I'm not sure, but I think if rpm
%post install script created some symbolic links, they might not be
recorded as installed by the rpm package. (Or are they?)

How RPM keeps track of files created by scripts? Does it trap system calls
to record all created files and symbolic links? If not, what one needs to
do to make sure that all files and symbolic links created are being
accounted for properly?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek