Long term PIM solution

Anuj Verma (Kevin) kevin.verma at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 06:35:37 UTC 2007

Hello list,

In this email subject mentions "PIM". I consider following types of
application to make a true Personal Information Manager:
1. Email,
2. Address books,
3. Calendring,
4. Task Manager,
5. NNTP client
6. Phone/PDA sync apps

My focus is GNOME, as KDE is very sound for the same by now.

We had seen Mozilla/Firefox engines became a very useful base to various
independent web-browser applications.

I will like to know some point of views here, to know if Thunderbird can
also be useful in the same way as Mozilla/Firefox, for a good long term
PIM solution ?

What is Fedora project vision to deliver a stable well integrated PIM
solution targeted to GNOME environment ?

Cheers,
Kevin