Want to help QA the Test1 release?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Fri Jan 26 14:15:45 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 25 January 2007 16:25, John Poelstra wrote:
> > For someone wanting to help test, where are directions on how to get the
> > latest tree?  The wiki page only talks about testing from ISOs that you
> > create yourself.
>
> As the wiki states, getting the latest tree+isos out to people is a logistical
> nightmare.  The spins are created from rawhide, therefor you could test
> rawhide.  The spins you do on your own will help you test how we're trying to
> gather things up for the Desktop spin.

I had been having problems trying to do a rawhide install via NFS,
although it was against the rawhide tree, not against an ISO (yes was
using boot.iso).  Is this allowed still or do you have to do it against
an ISO image unless it's via ftp/http?  Actually I had problems doing it
against ftp/http as well (as in, "can't be mounted from the server").
Although I could download all the FC6 ISO's to the same mounted dir
(diff sub dir) and install from them.  So I am confused on what used to
work, doesn't now?

Mike