Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Wed Jan 31 17:37:49 UTC 2007

> You'll find people are more amenable to your ideas if you actually do
> what they ask you to.  In my case, actually LOOK at the firstboot.
> The source is open and you can look at it but instead have prefered to
> be a squeaky wheel.  I'll play this game but only because I feel it is
> important to get smolt in and being used.
>
> Code:
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/browser/firstboot/smolt.py
>
> Screen Shot:
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/smolt-firstboot.PNG

This may be shocking, but I have an actual development suggestion.  It'd
probably be good if you thought up some better text for the title and
the sidebar.  That way, people will know what the screen means without
having to know the name of the program and what it does.  I know it's
early on in the project, but still.

You may also want to add a very short text blurb to the top that
explains what this screen does, and perhaps refers people to how they
may submit their info later if they choose not to now.  However, any
text like that should really be kept to just a few sentences.

- Chris