Re: Inaccuracy of smolt i586 count - was 586 kernels.

Mike McGrath wrote:
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
Having watched from the sidelines I updated my VIA mini-ITX system
yesterday. Its an original 800 MHz model.

Fedora installs for an i586 on it - 586 kernel etc. However, at least
post F7 upgrade (meaning I didn't check beforehand) uname -m and arch
report i686. Smolt also sees this as an i686 - in fact the complete
profile is at
Whats the right way to determine the arch of the box?

you could try
rpm -q --queryformat %{ARCH} kernel