Re: perl-devel will be removed from the f8 buildroots

On 7/2/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 08:39 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:

> While there are serious arguments on both sides of this perl split,
> the request for a meta-package to emulate the prior behaviour
> (especially on one's own system) is not a presumptively irrational
> request.

I don't see anything wrong with a perl metapackage, perl-core.

Would that be preferred to a yum group?

I'd certainly prefer it to a yum group, for a number of reasons.
(e.g. minimum versioning of requires in 'perl-core' if we do end up
with different levels available out there, for one.  apt for two
<grin>)

                           -Chris
--
Chris Weyl