Re: Plan for Today's (20070702) Release Engineering meeting

On Monday 02 July 2007 13:45:09 Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Currently I see one package
> * which stays in updates-testing for more than 3 weeks
> * several people reported on Japanese Fedora BBS that the updates-testing
>   package fixed the issues they had been meeting and they wanted to have
>   the package pushed to stable
> * even I requested the maintainer to push to stable
> Current state is unpleasant to me.

Ultimately the maintainer will have final say whether something gets pushed to
stable or not.  I really don't want to allow a maintainer proposing an
update, and then somebody else coming along and pushing it without the
original maintainer's blessing (yes, there are some exceptions, like security
updates or whatnot).

If we had the automatic promotion of upgrades feature, the maintainer could
have set a timeout and had it happen automatically unless they (or somebody
else) stopped it.  But aside from that nobody else should be able to promote
it behind the maintainer's back.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora