Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic wrote:

* NTFS support during installation
there should be NTFS support built in to anaconda so that ntfs
partitions are automatically recognized and added to /etc/fstab

Providing that was optional, ie they should only go into the fstab if the user wants them there.

* Firefox to have it's original icon in gnome panel
the icon fedora uses makes me search for firefox icon all the time. I
guess that I'm not the only one. Firefox has one of the most
recognisable icons I have ever seen and simply don't see why fedora
uses non-firefox icon. It just confuses users.

That has something to do with the default icon not direcly using Firefox, it uses the user's preferred browser which by default is Firefox but if it's changed could launch something else. I forget the exact mechanics of it.

--
Ian Chapman.