Fedora 8 codename suggestion: Infinity

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:58:38 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > I saw a post for Fedora 8 theme called infinity and it just clicked!
> > One of Fedora 8 codenames to consider is Infinity. Why? Because number
> > 8 rotated in 90 degrees shows infinity. Simple and clear message.
> >
> > just my 2c
> >
> > ps. it is so obvious that probably somebody all ready posted this :)
>
> Codenames aren't decided like this.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/rh_speaks/
>
> See

This is only a suggestion. Take it or leave it, it's your (all of you) choice.

and I see that it is the way by this copy/paste:

"With the last release (Fedora Core 5) we decided to let the community
of Fedora contributors both supply a list of possible names and vote
on the pre-cleared names to pick the release name. This tradition
continued with Fedora Core 6, although the survey link got shared in
many more places. With the next release of Fedora, we will be taking
advantage of the hard work done on the Fedora Voting System which
would restrict votes to those individuals whom have Fedora Accounts
and thus are contributors in one way or another."

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241