Finding man files: CVS or RPM repositories?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 15:37:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 10:55 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> You're probably busy enough as is, but in case you have time another very
> interesting source for man pages is Debian packages, Debina creates a manpage
> for every package in the case upstream doesn't provide one.
>
> Some of them are useless (boilerplate) but some are quite good. Taking a look
> at the Debian manpages and submiytting bugs for packages who could benefit from
> them would be a great thing todo. Now all you need is 48 hrs in a day :)

Fortunately, the point of Ville-Pekka's project is to provide a Wiki
(Moin) interface in front of the man pages, then a way to submit changes
back up stream.

In the end, we'll be inviting the whole Fedora community to help fix man
pages, all via the Wiki.

Once that gets going, that's when I recommend we look cross-stream at
what other distros provide and can we contribute to those as well.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project