Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:08:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 16:05 +0100, Chris Brown wrote:
> Hello Valent,
>
> On 02/07/07, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         * NTFS support during installation
>
> +1
>

>         * Beagle and Deskbar installed by default
>
> I'm afraid I also experience a RAM-rinsing with this installed. Google
> Desktop, recently released under a proprietary license, is even
> buggier. I have had it running for three days now and it has yet to
> complete its indexing. /me remembers its beta. Hopefully this app
> along with others like tracker will make the beagle team sort out the
> issues above - I think they may have been resting on their laurels a
> little.

On my system it consumes around 20MB or RAM. Is that a waste? I don't
thin so. So what if Google desktop for linux uses around 10MB, beagle is
much more integrated with linux desktop. I hope beagle gets to 10MB as
soon as possible, but 20MB is not that bad for the benefit of desktop
search it gives.
My Firefox currently uses 152MB on my system with lost of tabs open,
Evolution 38MB, Azureus 75MB on a good day and around 150MB when it gets
going... OpenOffice Writer 38MB... and so on...