Re: Pirut: Edit -> Repositories

On 7/4/07, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan mukhopadhyay gmail com>
> A merge would be fine to me, but it is mostly about where we want to go
> with the package manager in Fedora, do we want a simple tools or do we
> want tools with lot of possibilities for the more advanced user.

Simplicity is a desirable goal and rightly one should strive for it, the
question remains would a merged tool ie an extended/improved/feature
rich Pirut or a Yumex with possible extensions serve the ends ?  And of
course, would at the end the choice will boil down to a single tool ?

+1 to a single tool for managing repos globally, rather than every
apps have its own repo control, which is , IMHO, make stuff feels more
complicated ..

I like system-config-repo's and repoman's approach .. pirut just
install/remove apps..  repoman/sysconfrepo for all-thing repository
related  .. and yumex for advanced users ..

a textUI (eg: system-config-repo-tui) for enabling/disabling repos is
also a nice thing to have .. it make it easier for writing automated
scripts etc. (I had this problem before , enabling/disabling repos
globally was a pain for a person who dont know much in manipulating
strings in scripts like me - or maybe such app already exist but I
dont know about it???)

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail