Re: a legal way to include 3rd party repositories in fedora?

On 7/4/07, seth vidal <skvidal linux duke edu> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 16:20 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 22:14 +0800, Hikaru Amano wrote:
> > yum install revisor
> >
> > add whatever 3rd party repo's config rpm into the kickstart
> >
> > release the generated CD/DVD .. just dont name it Fedora
>
> I'll probably do that, thanks Hikaru.
>
> So I can't use the name "Fedora Ultimate" or "Ultimate Fedora" ?

No, you may not. And you may not say 'based on fedora' 'derived from
fedora' or anything like that afaik.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution#head-5a5cea96f0813a2767d5b4e7b215697a6042d8c3

Specifically, you may not modify the Fedora installation and maintain
the Fedora name. The nearest you may do is completely rebrand the
distribution to comply with the trademark guidelines, make your
modifications, and distribute the product under a different name. You
may also not then say that your product "contains Fedora" or is an
alternate "edition" of Fedora. You may say that your product is "a
derivative of Fedora" or is "built upon Fedora", but you must make it
clear that your product is NOT Fedora. If you use the Fedora name in
such a manner, you must also note that Fedora is a registered
trademark, and not attempt to confuse users or allude to a
non-existant relationship between you and the Fedora Project or Red
Hat.

-sv

regards
Hikaru