Re: Pirut: Edit -> Repositories

On 7/5/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:
Just a moment. I am getting lost on this.

> +1 to a single tool for managing repos globally, rather than every
> apps have its own repo control, which is , IMHO, make stuff feels more
> complicated ..

The YUM API already has a way to enable and disable repositories. The
--enablerepo and --disablerepo flags directly use this.

What seems to be lacking is a way to alter yum.conf and the .repo
files so that the changes become persistent. Once this is available in
the YUM API, all that an application needs to do is make calls to this
API component to do the necessary configuration.

yup .. I'm looking for a way to alter yum.conf and the .repo file to
become persistent .. I have set up a LAN repo for newbies in my uni
and was trying to make a one click installation script for it ... I
dont want to tell them to manually edit all the .repo files one by one
to disable the official repos and enable my repos...

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru