Where did the Fedora 8 CVS go to?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 17:05:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 17:52 +0200, Mark wrote:
> Thanx for the reply but i'm stuck after step 10.
> after step 10 it says: "You may then proceed as usual."
> and what is that? is that make rpm? or rpmbuild in some special location?
>
> the notice below step 10 says: "Normally, kernels for Fedora are built
> using the rpmbuild utility and a specfile. Your results may vary if
> you use the kernel's built-in make rpm target." but that doesn't
> answer the question.to me it indicates that both make rpm and rpmbuild
> are possible.. but than again.. where can i do rpmbuild on the kernel?
>
> That documentation should be expanded with the full guide for making a rpm.

It depends on what you want to do.  Your question seemed to be: How do I
get "rpmbuild -ba kernel-2.6.spec" to produce kernel rpms.  The answer
is:
  rpmbuild -ba --target $(uname -m) kernel-2.6.spec

I should have made it clearer in my original reply that the
"--target...." was the only thing you needed to get from that page.

If you want to make modifications to the kernel spec file, then the rest
of that page becomes relevant.

-Toshio