Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Laurent Rineau wrote:

>> is the use-case you are having really a bug? Beagle has to index files
>> in order to make desktop search possible. Every process that actually
>> does something uses 100% of the cpu - only issue is how well it plays

> Exhibiting one case where does things nicely is not a justification.

Yes... how many billions of CPU cycles should it take to strip some
plain text out of a PDF?  Maybe the fault isn't with Beagle but a child
process but the result in front of the user is the same.

Besides the even bigger problem with Beagle is it pulls in Mono, you
need a new language to index files now?

-Andy