init script bugs and changes

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jul 5 19:46:42 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007, Jima wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Ville Skyttä (ville.skytta at iki.fi) said:
> >> Is "Default-Start: 2 3 4 5" semantically equivalent
> >> to "chkconfig: 2345 xx yy" ie. it means that the service is enabled by
> >> default?
> >
> > Yes.
>
>   Conversely, what's the proper way to say "not enabled by default?"
> "Default-Start: -"?

I don't think this would be valid.

> "Default-Start: "?  Leaving Default-Start out?  The
> documentation didn't seem to cover that.

Either will probably do, but I'd still like to know whether "Default-Stop: 0 1
2 3 4 5 6" should be added in this case.

FWIW, Debian appears to be encouraging including keywords with empty values:
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tinit.d-script-missing-lsb-keyword.html