Re: a legal way to include 3rd party repositories in fedora?

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 12:37 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:41:09PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Also I understand that directly linking from Fedora or an official
> > Fedora website to http://rpm.livna.org is considered "contributory
> > infingement"
>
> *Could* be contributory infringement. An important distinction -- I don't
> think we admit any such thing, but are rather erroring on the side of
> caution.

Even if it wasn't contributory infringement, Fedora isn't about building
a great OS using whatever software happens to work, Fedora is about
building a great OS with free and open source software.  Making it
easier to install non-FOSS sofware is contrary to that goal.

Jeff