Re: a legal way to include 3rd party repositories in fedora?

Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 12:37 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:41:09PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
Also I understand that directly linking from Fedora or an official
Fedora website to http://rpm.livna.org is considered "contributory
infingement"
*Could* be contributory infringement. An important distinction -- I don't
think we admit any such thing, but are rather erroring on the side of
caution.

Even if it wasn't contributory infringement, Fedora isn't about building
a great OS using whatever software happens to work, Fedora is about
building a great OS with free and open source software.  Making it
easier to install non-FOSS sofware is contrary to that goal.

its not about non-FOSS software but about FOSS software that can't be shipped due to patents.