Re: dmraid failure/test cases [fc5-7]

Sean Bruno wrote:
<snip>
Third, and the most annoying, was that I couldn't install a plain s/w
raid configuration with 2 drives connected.  There was just no way to
keep the system from assuming that I meant to use /dev/mapper/mapper0
even after I ensured that the superblock metadata was wiped out with a
quick call to 'dmraid -Er /dev/sdX' to be sure that it was really gone.
<snip>
Sean

On my x86 box, I used the "nompath" parameter during install to prevent /dev/mapper/mapper0 from being used and then could see all disks properly, including pre-existing software raid arrays. Seems that even if you are not using the bios raid capability of a SATA setup, anaconda thinks you want to. Must be a way to check the bios to see if the setup is for raid or not.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)