Re: Parallel Booting

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 02:32 +0000, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> Isn't that the trick used on Windaz boxes as well?

Possibly, but I think the biggest speedup by far is the disk
caching/reorganization that both Windows and OS X do:
http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/apme/optimizations/

At this rate though, we might all be using solid state drives before the
kernel developers stop pointing at userspace as the problem and
implement it for Linux.