Re: Dependency Hell[F7-x86_64]

Kelly wrote:
On Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:14 am Sean Bruno wrote:
I was going to rip NetworkManager out of my machine just now, and yum
went in and found some really nifty dependencies that made me sit up and
take notice.  I can't believe that pidgin and evolution really use NM
libs.  Is this for real?

Yes, I've heard this one before. I don't fully understand why huge sections of Gnome rely on NetworkManager. Could it be the same reason Gnome is starting to have a HUGE dependency on Mono to function?

I don't have mono or Network Manager (it's a desktop) installed and I can easily continue using GNOME. Can you be more specific on what you consider "HUGE dependency"?

Rahul