kde startup problems

Hello,
since last week i seem to have kde startup problems.
I get severel popup windows saying things like:

   'Malformed URL  file:///home/marcel/Desktop'

   'Could not find mime type application/octet-stream'

   'no mime types installed'

I had to re-add Kmenu to the taskbar because it dissapeared...

I reinstalled all kde rpms, but the problem persists, so I don't
know where to look to fix this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

-Marcel