Re: Video and Keymap Quirks

2007/7/10, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>:
You might have heard about the HAL quirk site [1] for suspend and resume
quirks before, but now we are collecting keymap quirks to make the
special buttons such as multimedia keys and Fn function keys do the
right thing.

I've blogged about this yesterday[2], but I am asking for patches from
the fedora development community. In this way we can make laptop special
keys "just work" for Fedora 8.

So, if you've ever seen messages like:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x97 on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e017 keycode' to make it known.

Hi,

the special keys on my laptop (Asus S5A) generates ACPI events, and I
wonder if you  plan to make the keymap quirks support these too?

Regards,
--
Trond Danielsen