Virtualization things.

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jul 10 11:50:36 UTC 2007

On Di Juli 10 2007, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Till Maas wrote:

> > it uses Code from QEMU but afaik they use their own approach to
> > virtualization, which may be faster. Also currently the GUI works a lot
> > better than virt-manager for me. It will become more interesting, when it
> > supports a snapshot tree and cloning. Currently it supports only linear
> > snapshots. Also, you can run vmware Images directly with the current
> > version, but maybe QEMU can this, too. If you want to try it, I can
> > provide you a working srpm for the current version.
>
> Is this all in the free version?

The snapshot tree and cloning has not been developed, yet. But the other stuff
is in the free version. I just tried to boot a Monowall VMDK from
http://www.xs4all.nl/~brugh/projects.html and it worked.

For a normal user, VirtualBox seems to be the best solution in the free
software world, so far. It provides more than VMWare Player (except for
USB-Support) and a little less than VMWare Workstation.

> I'd really like to help out here.  Did you get any error messages?

I will send you an private e-mail, because I guess it does not belong
here. :-)

Regards,
Till