Virtualization things.

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jul 10 12:35:02 UTC 2007

On Mo Juli 9 2007, Otto Rey wrote:
> - Is somebody working on Virtualization (KVM + QEMU) Performance? Maybe
> Upstream? Some time ago kqemu (qemu accelerator) was released under GPL 2
> license. Any plans to include in fedora? Or it is already included/merged
> under qemu name?

There is a dkms rpm available in an second party repository which works fine
for me.

> - It is posible to include VirtualBox OSE (Open Source Edition - GPL v2) in
> Fedora repo's? Any problem with Legal Stuff?

Do you want to (co)maintain or maybe test it? I have written an spec that
compiles the 1.4.0 OSE release and provides a dkms for the kernel module.
Xavier Lamien has written a spec to create kmod for the additions and the
kernel module. But it is imho not clean enough, to submit it to Fedora and I
do not have the time to finish it.

Regards,
Till