Re: Please Read: Need help in replacing music in Fedora package

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta <at> gmail.com> writes:
Is any of the music from the Red Hat Summit Compilation appropriate? I
know its CC licensed, but I'm not sure of the details as regard to
which CC clauses are riding on each song.  I guess you would need
share-alike and the derivative clauses.

Share-alike isn't needed for the license to be Free. Absence of the NonCommercial and NoDerivs clauses is.

Kevin is right but note that our packaging guidelines allow content under licenses that are merely redistributable.

Rahul