Re: Video and Keymap Quirks

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 12:40:18PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 13:31 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Great that you're working on this and targeting F-8 with it. Unfortunately
> > having only scancode -> keycode mappings in the kernel is not enough to make
> > most keys just work. This also requires mapping to X keysyms and configurations
> > of applications.
>
> Sure, but this is the first part of the jigsaw. For stuff like
> rfkill-input we need the kernel to _know_ that KEY_FN_F1 is actually
> KEY_BLUETOOTH. When X switches to evdev (soon?) the keysym problem
> should be a lot simpler to fix.

Does the kernel have a concept for a key that can be on-the-fly
configured to individually turn on/off any combination of wlan,
bluetooth and/or cellular modems?

Recent Dell laptops all have a wireless switch. This switch can be
configured at runtime by dellWirelessCtl (part of libsmbios-bin) to
individually turn on/off any combination of each of the above.

--
Michael