Re: Tomboy for FC6 not being updated... why?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
It also broke IMAP filters in Kmail.

I know. I was fully aware of this regression, as were Than and Rex, we decided to push the update anyway in the KDE SIG meeting because we all felt the benefits of the update outweighed the regressions we knew about

I migrated to Thunderbird in the system I was using Kmail on because receiving thousands of mails on the inbox instead of carefully filtered mails into dozens of folders was completely unacceptable to me. I might take filtering out of mail clients entirely and I am planning to use pan and gmane since that appears to be the better path atleast for fedora lists but neverthless I don't think the decision to let this into regression knowingly into updates was a right one. I went back and read after this happened the KDE SIG meeting minutes and it was very surprising to me that the team would have made such a decision. Not to harp on KDE SIG but it does seem that we don't value robustness as much as we should for updates in general and that is worrisome to me as I rely on Fedora everyday as a end user to get work done.