MBR seems to have vanished

Hi,

No idea how this happened but my MBR seems to have vanished!

I can mount the lvm if I use RIPLinux and fsck is not showing up anything
untoward. However, I can't actually boot from the hard drive.

Is there anyway to restore the MBR using something like RIPLinux? As I say,
there is nothing wrong with the drives themselves. All that happens is that
when   I boot, it says Boot from CD and then hangs.

TTFN

Paul